View Complete Thread | FoxWeb Forum Home
Search:
Date:    Msg ID:   
Subject:   
To get around the field name length I could also add a new field with a shorter name and add a stored procedure to the database to update the field with the short name whenever the field with the long name is changed and index on the short name field.  What do you think about this idea?  Of course a solution to be able to use long field names would be much better.  I can not change the name of the field because there are just too many references to it.
Sent by FoxWeb Support on 08/05/2006 08:02:05 AM:
Your guess about the field length restriction appears to be correct.  We will look into the issue and try to provide a solution.  On the meantime, you may have to rename the field name.  Obviously, I understand that this may be easier said than done -- especially if you have a large number of programs that refer to this field.

FoxWeb Support Team
support@foxweb.com email

Sent by Judith Barer on 08/02/2006 09:31:06 AM:
I am trying out foxweb full text search. I create an index with the sample application on one of my files.  The fields used to index are company_name and addl_company_name.  The program creates the index with no problem. When I try to update the index however I get the following error "variable addl_company_nam" is not found.  It looks to me like the program has a limit on field name size but it indexed the original long field name so why wouldn't it update the index?

Thanks
Judith