View Complete Thread | FoxWeb Forum Home
Search:
Date:    Msg ID:   
Subject:   
The problem could be related to users.dbf, or to your authentication form.  FoxWeb creates a select statement as follows:

SQLStatement = "SELECT " + THIS.PasswordFieldName + ;

" AS password FROM '" + THIS.AuthTable + ;

"' WHERE UPPER(" + THIS.UserIDFieldName + ;

") LIKE UPPER(M.secUserID)"

Assuming that you did not override the default values of Auth.PasswordFieldName and Auth.UserIDFieldName, the select statement will look like this:

SELECT password AS password FROM 'users.dbf' WHERE UPPER(userid) LIKE UPPER(M.secUserID)

The variable secUserID holds the user id value entered in the authentication form.  Do you see any reason why the above select statement would cause error 11?  Do the field names in users.dbf match the default values?  Is there something in your authentication form that would prevent secUserID from populating properly?

You may want to run the select statement in a VFP command window to make sure that all is well with your table (you will need to first create a variable named secUserID and populated it with a text string.

If you can't figure this out, then here are a couple of additional techniques that we could use to troubleshoot the problem.

FoxWeb Support Team
support@foxweb.com email

Sent by Ramon Reyes on 10/21/2005 10:37:43 PM:
Hi to all!

Im kinda stumped at this error that came up on my login code when I moved my FWX code from an XP home to an XP Pro PC.  I have similar software running on both... Apache, VFP 6.0 SP5 and FoxWeb 3. All was OK on the XP home.

Also during the transfer, I left out the FXPs so that VFP can generate new FXPs on the XP Pro machine, All the rest are the same (that is filename and subfolder names, alhough the site root folder now has a different name.

This is the error... can anyone help?

There was an error during the interpretation of your request.

Error #:      11
Message: Function argument value, type, or count is invalid.
Program: classauth1.passcheck fwauth.fxp
Line #: 367
Line: &SQLStatement

Thanks in advance

Regards

<%Auth.AuthTable = "users.dbf"

Auth.SaveCookie = 0

Auth.MaxLoginAttempts = 3

Auth.authenticate()

if Auth.NewLogin

session.setvar("sv_id" ,users.master_id)

response.redirect("authorized.fwx")

endif

%>