We are happy to announce the release of FoxWeb 2.5 -- a maintenance update, containing a number of fixes that should improve the performance and stability of FoxWeb servers. FoxWeb 2.5 is a free upgrade to all licensees of FoxWeb 2.X and can be installed over such installations transparently. The setup program can be downloaded from the FoxWeb Web site
Following is a list of changes in version 2.5:
- AddScriptTimeout can extend timeout from time of call using bFromNow argument.
- Fixed problem that in rare cases caused channels to be restarted even after AddScriptTimeout and SetScriptTimeout methods were invoked.
- Resolved FoxWebCtrl Socket Error 10054 and 10053 issue.
- Broker does not write 10054 error when the connection with the channel is broken (usually as a result of a channel restart).
- Channel re-registers with the broker every 30 seconds, to verify that the broker knows it is available.
- Added code to reject URLs that contain \..\ sequences (this did not work with most web servers anyway).
- Error handler handles large memvar dumps (thousands of memvars) gracefully.
- Error handler uses a more intelligent algorithm to parse and log memvar dump.
- Channels try to re-connect to broker if they encounter a 1440 error within one minute of startup.
- Added ability to edit FoxWeb Temporary Directory in FoxWeb Control Center.
- Fixed problem is FWXCompile, which caused it to exit without compiling under certain circumstances.
- Moved call to set_env at the beginning of www_read to prevent problem when date format is changed with SET DATE command (for example SET DATE BRITISH).
- Improved speed of Server.ToString method for VFP 6 and above.
- Response.Write does not translate "%\>" to "%>" any more.
- Fixed problem that prevented correct error reporting within fw_enter and fw_exit.
- Fixed problem which caused show_channels to return "No Channels Active" under certain circumstances.
- Fixed problem which caused show_channels to return incorrect number of pending requests.
- Auth object can handle single quote characters in userid.
|FoxWeb Support Team|